Monday, May 9, 2011

“Project-a-Day”

My “Project-a-Day” blogging


I got this idea from another blogger, "The Simple Mom", Deborah Taylor-Hough. I think it's such a great concept, I'm going to do it AND blog about it too. My hope is: Blogging about my projects will encourage me to DO them. ;) I'll put my list together for at least this month and then post it. For now, here is a brief description of what I'm going to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll make a point to tackle one project every day. At the end of the month, I'll be able to say I accomplished at least 30 projects (I hope). Of course I already start projects and finish projects all the time, but seeing something in writing helps me to get things done quicker and to actually complete those things.

I'll post pictures of some of my projects. A picture of a finished project is always a great motivator to get the job done. Some of my projects may be as simple as, "Sweep the deck" or "Go for a bike ride", so I may skip posting those types of projects every day. I will however put together a monthly calendar and post a picture of it or something visual so I can see all of the days listed with its project.

My first project is putting this post together. :) Tomorrow's project is putting together a calendar for the remainder of this month and posting it on my blog.

Finally... just so everyone knows. Yes! I already do things every day of the week, including educating my 14 year old daughter Anna. This "Project A Day" blogging is to help me tackle home improvement or spring cleaning kind of things, which always get swept under the proverbial rug. I SO need to inspire myself to finish all my nagging unfinished projects and this "Project A Day" idea sounds like a great way to accomplish some of them. Here's to finishing some of the things that I've been putting off for SO long.

No comments: