Friday, August 26, 2011

Start of School

Yesterday was the first day of Anna's classes at The Zenith Academy. She's taking three classes; Computer Programming, Creative Writing and an Apologia Science class. She will only be going on Tuesday and Thursdays for instruction and labs. The rest of her subjects and class homework we'll be doing at home. I'm really excited for her. She's being brave and stepping out of her comfort zone to try new things this year. I hope this will be a fun and inspiring year for both of us as we tackle her first year of high school together.

I saw this somewhere on the internet, wish I could give it the proper credit it deserves. The person who created it and I are in total agreement. :) I am so glad I have and had the opportunity to homeschool all our our kids. What a gift it has been to spend the amount of time I did and still do with each of them. Yezzz... After all the hours together, I'm still crazy about ALL of them!


I do want to point out that I don't homeschool because of the badness of schools, although our particular school district (Quinlan ISD) IS bad. I think home is the greatest base for exploring the world we live in, spending time on personal interests and being able to be attentive to how each person learns. Homeschooling isn't always about learning everything at home. My job is also to delegate teaching to others, but it's always the path I feel is best, not the one someone else put together for the masses.

No comments: